4.24.2013

My Balance

by rachel w.

Me doing nothing. 
I've decided that balance is a feeling. I used to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Darting here, darting there.

I still do that some, but I've slowed down a lot. For me, slowing down helps me maintain balance. Slowing down helps me have that feeling.

I don't feel like I get the same rush that I used to when I was busy. And honestly, sometimes I feel less valuable when I take it slow.

But that's okay.

Sometimes I feel like it is a blessing that I am able to move slow. My life feels long. I enjoy lots of moments. I'll spend a whole day doing nothing but playing with my boys. I'll take two hours to grocery shop with my sister. I'll spend a week getting my laundry done.

Right now my life isn't a race.

Right now my balance is realized when I move slower.

Check out our conversation on balance.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. loving this. I love that thought about how when you slow down your life feels long. Isn't that such an ironic and beautiful thing? Doing less makes it feel longer? But yes. Lovely thought. I especially love your "me doing nothing" caption. You're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! I hear life get cray-azy once kids are all in school and you are just go go going from 3-10! I am trying to soak in these young years as much as I can! And yes, I love doing nothing.

      Delete
  2. I have a hard time doing nothing because there is always so much to do. If I sat down and made a to do list of everything that needed to be done, it would go on for pages and pages. I am working on slowing things down and letting things get a little out of hand so that I can enjoy my boys while they're still tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you are too hard on yourself! Andrea, give Andrea a break okay? We will always have todo lists that a forever long. Maybe you need to start small, I know... put do nothing on your todo list!

      Delete
  3. I always take a week to do my laundry...

    I love this post. Great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I have those glasses! 2. It has been hard for me to learn to do nothing when like Andi says the list never ends. Tho I have found that I can only feel certain feelings that are really important when I can be okay with doing nothing...even when there is a long list. Doing something on the list slowly helps, too. 3. Yes, I feel oddly more busy now that Simon is in K (full day no less). There are more puzzle pieces now. I definitely need to rest from 1-2 or else I am grumpy by 4.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover